What is a Google My Business Page?
This is a free listing and gives you with the ability to add your business location on Google Maps and local search results. You can display important information about your business, including the opening/closing times, contact details, website link , images and video. You can also post new features and events.
Why do I need a Google My Business Page?
If you want to be found on Google then this is a basic necessity for your business. You don’t have to have a physical shop to have a page but you do need an actual address to use register your business and verify it with Google.
How do I sign up for an account?
Use this link or search google my business. Fill in all your details and you will be asked to verify your business either by and email address usually related to your website or by postcard verfication to the registered address.
What information do I need to provide?
- Complete every section of your Google My Business account
- Be meticulous with contact information
- List the right categories for your business
- List your opening hours
- Write a complete “from the business” description
- Publish Google posts frequently
- Upload new photos frequently
- Answer questions
- Collect and respond to reviews – this is really important!
How to ask people for reviews
When logged into your Google account search for your Google my business listing and click on the “Get more reviews” button and copy and share the link