10 top Search Engine Optimization SEO tips
1. Set up a Google my business account
It’s totally free and will enable you to appear in local search results for queries specific to your area of operation https://www.google.com/business/
2. Make sure your website is fast to load and is mobile friendly
Is your site responsive? Does it fit into all screen sizes?
3. Conduct keyword research to identify gaps in the market
Using keyword research tools such as Google’s Keyword Planner to spot gaps in the market will enable you to capitalise upon these, rather than going for a key words that are already used by larger companies.
4. Choose the right social media for your audience
Where do your customers look?, Don’t over stretch your self , stick one or two and use regularly
5. Make sure you have an up to date linkedin account
Link of with fellow business people, post , follow other, get testimonials
5. Add a blog to your website
Set the right tone, think what is of interest to your customers, use key words, keep updated
7. Encourage reviews
Google my business, Facebook, Linkedin, website, Trust pilot
8. Set up Google Analytics
It’s free and it’s essential for you to understand customer behaviour, traffic sources and more.
9. Optimize images
10. Be patient!
The tips here will produce results, but don’t expect overnight success. Good SEO can take time, so be patient and stick with the process.